Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

THINKING BACK OVER THE BLESSINGS!

THINKING BACK OVER THE BLESSINGS!

2 Sam 7:18
18 Then went king David in, and sat before the LORD, and he said, Who am I, O Lord GOD? and what is my house, that thou hast brought me hitherto?

2 Sam 7:8
8 Now therefore so shalt thou say unto my servant David, Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I took thee from the sheepcote, from following the sheep, to be ruler over my people, over Israel:

           Sitting a while and thinking back over God’s blessings I understand clearly that I am the recipient of many blessings. Like David, I didn’t have much to recommend me to the kingdom. I feel better suited for the sheepcote than the throne.

           Like David, I compare what I have to what I have given and almost feel like a thief. David decried his house of cedar while the Ark of God dwelt in curtains. The people lived in ceiled houses and the Lord dwelt in a tent. It just didn’t seem right!

Ps 68:19
19 Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah.

Ps 116:12-14
12 What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?
13 I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.
14 I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all his people.

Dear Lord, today I will enter your courts with praise and thanksgiving because you have taken me from the miry clay and set my feet upon a rock. You have established my goings and loaded me with benefits. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment