Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

THE MINISTRY OF GOD’S SPIRIT!

THE MINISTRY OF GOD’S SPIRIT!

Rom 8:16
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

John 14:16-17
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

           The word Comforter indicates one assigned to be along side us. It is capitalized and refers to God’s own Holy Spirit. Jesus promised that, when He went back to the Father, He would send – in His stead – “another” Comforter. Another indicates one just like me!

           It seems clear that Jesus thought the Other Comforter would be more readily at hand than He. Jesus was in the body but the Spirit could be at all places at all times. He would not only dwell with us but actually in us. We carry Him wherever we go. He is instantly available.

           Of the various ministries of the Holy Spirit is that internal assurance that we are children of God. We have been adopted into the Family of God by grace through faith. When our hearts and minds doubt then the Spirit consoles and comforts us by communicating to our mind that we really do belong to Him.

Be Thou My Helper In The Strife
Words: author unknown
Music: William B. Bradbury

Be Thou my Helper in the strife,
O Lord, my strong Defender be;
Thy mighty shield protect my life,
Thy spear confront the enemy.
Amid the conflict, O my Lord,
Thy precious promise let me hear,
The faithful reassuring word:
I am Thy Savior, do not fear.

Dear Lord, let your children hear your faithful reassuring word today: “I am Thy Savior, do not fear.” AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment