Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

THE GREAT RICHES OF PEACE!

THE GREAT RICHES OF PEACE!

Eccl 4:6
6 Better is an handful with quietness, than both the hands full with travail and vexation of spirit.

          Two handfuls are not necessarily better than one. It all depends upon what is in the hands! Through the years I have had the opportunity to dispose of a lot of stuff – for that is just what you have to do with stuff. That’s why so many of us are labeled “consumers.” We consume and dispose of stuff.

          The quietness of which Solomon speaks is not inactivity but rest of spirit. It is easy to see life as a series of troubles but that is probably not the case. My life has been a life of peace punctuated here and there with intense excitement. I strive for peace. I preach so that others might know and enjoy peace. Find peace and buy it up!

Prov 10:22
22 The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.

John 14:27
27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Dear Lord, thank you for the peace I enjoy today. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment