Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

EXHAUSTING THE INEXHAUSTABLE GOD!

EXHAUSTING THE INEXHAUSTABLE GOD!

Isa 43:21-25
21 This people have I formed for myself; they shall shew forth my praise.
22 But thou hast not called upon me, O Jacob; but thou hast been weary of me, O Israel.
23 Thou hast not brought me the small cattle of thy burnt offerings; neither hast thou honoured me with thy sacrifices. I have not caused thee to serve with an offering, nor wearied thee with incense.
24 Thou hast bought me no sweet cane with money, neither hast thou filled me with the fat of thy sacrifices: but thou hast made me to serve with thy sins, thou hast wearied me with thine iniquities.
25 I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

Rom 1:21
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Both Isaiah and the book of Romans present a courtroom drama. God, the judge, sits on his heavenly bench while all of nature is called to witness against guilty man.

1. HE FORMED US!

In the portion before us God’s people are reminded that they exist through the formation of the Almighty. He formed them for himself to declare his praise.

Isa 1:2
2 Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth: for the LORD hath spoken, I have nourished and brought up children, and they have rebelled against me.

2. WE GREW TIRED OF HIM!

Man grew tired of worshipping God and first profaned it then dismissed it altogether. Prayer first became a formality without heart and finally ceased. God was forgotten as irrelevant and unimportant although He is our very breath.

3. SACRIFICE AND SERVICE FADED AWAY!

God does not consider His requirements difficult to accomplish. Yet man became peevish in his worship like a child who had been asked to clean his room or clear the table. He whined and pushed out the lip.

1 John 5:3
3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

4. SIN ONCE ABANDONED WAS RESTORED!

Isaiah 43:24 thou hast made me to serve with thy sins, thou hast wearied me with thine iniquities.

Our sins have become excess baggage for the God who carries us. We have multiplied them, lashing them one on top of another so that the Master falls beneath the load.

5. THE INVITATION IS STILL THE SAME!

Isa 43:25-26
25 I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.
26 Put me in remembrance: let us plead together: declare thou, that thou mayest be justified.

Isa 1:18
18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

God invites us to a discussion regarding our sin and His salvation. The result will be wonderful! We shall be justified! Though our sins are red like crimson, they shall be as white as lambs wool.

Dear Lord, today let me not weary you with an additional load of sins. Let us plead together that my sins might be blotted out. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment