Pages

Friday, March 17, 2023

SPRING BACK!

 

Friday, March 17, 2023

 

SPRING BACK!

 

Phil 3:13-14

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. KJV

 

          When people refuse to give up on themselves and the world, even after misfortune, they are being resilient. Resilience is the biblical norm for Christians. We spring back.

 

          I am just back from a small Spring Break. We went with some dear friends to Oklahoma City. While that may not be your idea of an entertaining trip, we wanted to see the museum at what is now known as “The Oklahoma City Bombing.” It was deeply moving. Of the 168 dead, 19 were children who were in a daycare. More than 700 were injured, some horribly disfigured. It is hard to imagine resuming normal life, but Oklahoma did finally spring back.

 

          It is hard to forget the trauma that made the scars many of us carry, but the scars are a reminder that we survived and have a story to tell of rescue and resilience.

 

Ps 56:11-13

11 In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me.

12 Thy vows are upon me [I have promises to keep], O God: I will render praises unto thee. 13 For thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt not thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living? KJV

 

Dear Lord, I remember so many times you have rescued me from harm and horror. Let me spring back stronger than before. AMEN

 

No comments:

Post a Comment