Pages

Thursday, March 2, 2023

DESPERATELY WICKED

 

Thursday, March 2, 2023

 

DESPERATELY WICKED

 

Jer 17:9-10

9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings. KJV

 

          A brief look around, and a guilty look inside, will confirm the truth of verse 9. The word “desperately” doesn’t seem to appear in the original. In fact, Young’s literal translation puts it this way: “Crooked [is] the heart above all things, And it [is] incurable — who doth know it?” Without objection, I think we can stipulate that the condition of the human heart is, as Young says, incurable.

 

          One, and only one, remedy seems to be available, but it requires a spiritual transplant. It is an elective surgery.

 

Ezek 11:19-20

19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:

20 That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God. KJV

 

Dear Lord, thanks for the new heart and for the Holy Spirit who acts as an anti-rejection medicine. Certainly, you are The Great Physician. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment