Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

WHAT IF, GOD WILLING?

 

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

 

WHAT IF, GOD WILLING?

 

Rom 9:22-23

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory …

 

           I received a brief note from a lady yesterday who reminded me that her whole family had been brought to the Lord in one of my ministries. As I began to meditate on that fact, I realized that God had to stir up my comfortable life and move me 1,412.7 miles so that I could minister to her family! Two thoughts are worth considering in our text today.

 

           What if? What if failures were not failures at all? What if that which I thought was a destination was only a pause in a longer journey? What if God had to say no to me in order to say yes to someone else? What if you are not worthless after all? What if God is breaking you to make you something else? What if steadfast friends walk away so that enemies might become friends? God’s deep and mysterious ways are best viewed by looking back.

 

           God willing! Oh, my! When God wills, it is as good as done! God willed that David become king and many brothers had to be bypassed in order for that to happen. God needed someone in Egypt to spare his people and to make of them a great nation. Joseph and Moses had to endure much for that to happen, but God willed it.

 

Gen 50:20-21

20 But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.

21 Now therefore fear ye not: I will nourish you, and your little ones. And he comforted them, and spake kindly unto them.

 

Oh, God! How often have I mourned your actions only to later laugh at your providence? How often have I questioned you only to praise you? You are marvelous in your thinking and intricate in your actions. Your purposes, Oh, God, are unstoppable and beneficial. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment