Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2020

AS WE ARE KNOWN!

Thursday, October 29, 2020

 

AS WE ARE KNOWN!

 

1 Cor 13:12

12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

 

           Last week I had the privilege of reconnecting with friends from more than 30 years ago. It was a delightful but sobering experience. A painting hangs on my home-office wall painted by a wonderfully talented lady who can’t remember painting it. Another couple said: “You don’t recognize us, do you?” Sadly, I didn’t at first.

 

           Will we know each other in Heaven? Paul thinks so. Will we be fresh and new as we were when we were young? It is not clear. The years color our hair and bend our backs but I think there will be a grand reunion.

 

1 John 3:2

2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

 

Dear Lord, I look forward to that grand reunion when I shall be like you. Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment