Pages

Monday, August 12, 2019

GOD IS ENOUGH!


Monday, August 12, 2019

GOD IS ENOUGH!

Eph 5:19-20
19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

1 Thess 5:18
18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

           I am seated here this morning surrounded by abundance! I am generally healthy and almost pain free. To my right is a cup of coffee flavored with my favorite exotic creamer. To my left my wife is peacefully reading the morning newspaper. The antique mantel clock has just chimed the hour and, although it is four minutes late, it is only four minutes late. On my lap is a wonder of technology which holds a vast digital library which would be the envy of Spurgeon or Tozer and would require a huge room to hold the volumes.

           Merriam-Webster defines the word “spoiled” as: “to damage the disposition by pampering; to indulge; to coddle.” I am afraid that, from time to time, I am not simply blessed – I am spoiled!

           The Thanksgiving Day Holiday is yet three months away and yet I am reminded of all the things I have in God. I shall not want (Psalm 23). The Father, which is in heaven, gives “good things” to them that ask. (Matthew 7:11). With his stripes [the lashes given to his back] we are healed. (Isaiah 53:5) These are parcels inside a package. When we have God, we have all we need.

Be Still, My Soul

Be still, my soul: when dearest friends depart,
And all is darkened in the vale of tears,
Then shalt thou better know His love, His heart,
Who comes to soothe thy sorrow and thy fears.
Be still, my soul: thy Jesus can repay
From His own fullness all He takes away.

Dear Source of all good things, let me be reminded of all the things I enjoy because of thee. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment