Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2019

ANGELS WATCHING OVER ME!


Sunday, August 18, 2019

ANGELS WATCHING OVER ME!

Ps 91:9-16
9 Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; 10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. 11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. 12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone. 13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet. 14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. 15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

           The monolithic Christian spirit is not that at all. In our loneliest moments we are accompanied by angelic helpers. It is thought that each of us have a personal guardian angel. This belief seems to be supported by Matthew 18:10 and there is no reason to doubt it. 

           Angels watch when we are challenged beyond our human abilities and resources. I believe they keep back that which would overwhelm. This also means that they do not necessarily interfere with whatever it is God is trying to teach us. They do not change the outcome unless God says it should be so.

           Angels watch with great pathos and care. Every scraped knee and every broken heart are observed. “Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him!” Every tear is captured in God’s bottle! “Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book?
 Ps 56:8

Ps 62:2
2 He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.

Dear Lord, I can’t see them but I know you have dispatched your army of angels to watch over me. Thank you Lord. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment