Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

CHILDREN ARE A GREAT TREASURE!


Tuesday, August 6, 2019

CHILDREN ARE A GREAT TREASURE!

Ps 127:3-4
3 Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. 4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the  youth.

Prov 17:6
6 Children's children [grandchildren] are the crown of old men; and the glory of children are their fathers.

           There is a sadness in me today! A new school year is about to begin and the anticipation of it is in the breast of both children and parents for a variety of reasons. Why, then, am I sad?

           I see the children who are simply a biological product rather than what the Bible calls “an heritage.” We are killing them before they are born – and some of those are the lucky ones! Some parents have no idea how to rear children; to bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Children today are abandoned, abused, and trained in the ways of carelessness by copying the lifestyle of careless parents. This is, of course, not a blanket indictment but I see enough of it to make me sad.

           I have found no studies, as yet, regarding poor parenting and the lifespan of the child – but I am suspicious! I fear we are killing them softly with tolerance. Discipline has all but been outlawed either by writ or the furrowed brow. Yet the Bible still endorses measured discipline of children because “foolishness is bound in the heart of a child.” (See Proverbs 22:15)

Heb 2:13
 I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

Dear Lord, as this school-year begins, give our parents a clear understanding both of the great treasure they have in their children and the great responsibility that is theirs. Give our children understanding and obedient hearts. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment