Pages

Monday, August 19, 2019

CAN – SHOULD – DO!


Monday, August 19, 2019

CAN – SHOULD – DO!

Matt 28:19-20
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Matt 25:15
15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.

           Is it a sin to not serve? Some would say no, and argue that no sin was committed. In reality the sin is because something that should be done was omitted.

           CAN! Every believer has been given, along with the Holy Spirit, certain and specific abilities. These talents and natural abilities should be used in the service of Christ. To refuse to serve is a misuse of those gifts and is rebellion against God’s general command in Matthew 28.

           SHOULD! Talented and gifted believers who do not serve force others to serve in their place. Hammers are designed to drive nails but, if a hammer is not available, I have actually used the heel of a shoe. It is not the best use of the shoe but the shoe was available and the hammer was AWOL.

           I REFUSED the call of God upon my life at the beginning of my ministry. God caught up to me at a tavern. That’s right! I finally said yes and God began a work in me that made me a preacher. I’ve been engaged in this vital and, sometimes, painful work for 48 years. Mostly, I’m glad I said yes.

           DO! You may argue that you are not prepared for a life of service for Christ. Then prepare! Begin now by simply making yourself available to God. Even a shoe in the hands of The Carpenter can drive a nail.

Dear Lord, I may leave a heel print in the wall but I am willing to be used to drive the nails you need driven. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment