Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2018

THE SHEPHERD’S THOUGHTS!


Sunday, December 30, 2018

THE SHEPHERD’S THOUGHTS!

Ps 10:4
4 The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts.

Isa 55:7-9
7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

           It is early morning and I struggle to gather my thoughts. The smell of strong coffee helps a bit and the sound of a train passing through our town sets the mood. It is quiet and I wait for God to speak to my spirit.

           I am a shepherd first of all and I mentally count my sheep. I think of the vast majority of the flock who manage to navigate from pasture to pasture. I think of the sick and long to pour into their wounds oil and wine. I think of those who are entangled in the briars and long to set them free and brush the brambles from their fleece. Mentally I embrace them and sniff the sweet aroma of sheep. I pray for green pastures and sweet waters where my flock might find rest. This is the shepherd’s life and I am born to it and love it. I am reminded of the shepherding thoughts of the Great Shepherd and I am greatly comforted for the day.

Jer 29:11
11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Dear Shepherd of my soul let my thoughts agree with yours today. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment