Pages

Saturday, December 22, 2018

LO! THE STAR!


Saturday, December 22, 2018

LO! THE STAR!

Matt 2:9-10
9 When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was. 10 When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.

           My wife was up before me this morning, which seldom happens, but when it does she is fully awake and I am not yet caffeinated. With a grin as big as Texas, she asked me to come outside. She wanted to show me something. So, I followed her outside in my thin t-shirt, without a porch light, and there it was! The brightest star we had ever seen. We did what the Magi did – we rejoiced with exceeding great joy.

           Technology has taken some of the magic out of these things and “Siri” said that the bright eastern star was actually Venus but that didn’t keep us from thinking of the wise men and the Christmas star.

           Whatever ancient technology was available to them, the wise men were motivated to travel an estimated 800 miles to Jerusalem and finally to Bethlehem. They came prepared with gifts for the newborn king. They were plugged into the cosmos via the star but they were also plugged into the Spirit because an angel warned them to go home by another way.

Matt 4:16
16 The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.

Come, Lord Jesus, be born in me – that I may be reborn in Thee. I’ll make a place for you to dwell. Come into my heart – Emmanuel. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment