Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2018

A STRANGE ANSWER TO PRAYER!


Thursday, December 20, 2018

A STRANGE ANSWER TO PRAYER!

Dan 10:1
10 In the third year of Cyrus king of Persia a thing was revealed unto Daniel, whose name was called Belteshazzar; and the thing was true, but the time appointed was long: and he understood the thing, and had understanding of the vision.

Do you remember a scene in the film “It’s a Wonderful Life?” George sits cold and wet from rescuing Clarence from his attempted suicide? Clarence says: “Your lip’s bleeding George!” George answers wearily and says: "Yeah. I got a bust in the jaw in answer to a prayer a little bit ago." Well, I’m not sure what you may be going through today, but a “bust in the jaw” seems to be a valid answer to George’s prayer – and perhaps yours too. It says “your prayer is received and the answer is on its way!”

           Do you remember the scene in Daniel when the angel skids to a stop after bursting through the veil of invisibility to tell him that his prayer had been heard and answered?  O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak unto thee, and stand upright: for unto thee am I now sent. And when he had spoken this word unto me, I stood trembling.” Dan 10:11 The Angel, seen only by Daniel, explains that he was dispatched immediately but was held up by the Prince of Persia for three full weeks (see verse 13). I can only imagine the sparks that flew from that clash!

           To me, the message is clear, although I forget it often. God hears our prayers and moves to answer us in the most beneficial way. Even if it means a bust in the chops! Another message is also clear. Satan and his princes are against us. Perhaps they even hear our prayers and their answer is to destroy or delay but eventually a weary and worn angel bursts through the veil of invisibility to deliver to us an answer and then exits to continue the fight.

Let us not be so earth-bound as to forget that there is a cosmic conflict and we are the prize. That’s pretty heady stuff. Hang in there! Later in the film, the bleeding lip and a few old rose petals remind George that “It’s a Wonderful Life!”

Dear Lord, I know that, like Daniel, I am a man greatly beloved. Thank you for swift answers to my prayer even if it seems to be a bust in the chops! AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment