Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2018

CHRISTMAS IN THE HEART!


Thursday, December 13, 2018

CHRISTMAS IN THE HEART!

Eph 4:31-32
31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.


           It was a cold and dour Christmastide in the counting house of ole Scrooge and Marley. Ebenezer hunched over his books making marks with an unsharpened quill. Bob stood at his upright desk too cold to work and too frightened to move. At home, what little Bob had was warm and welcoming. At home, the much that Ebenezer had was wrapped in dust and disappointment. So Christmas came to both. But each celebrated it, or didn’t celebrate it, according to his own heart.

              Does it not seem that the world is divided into those two characters? The one surrounded by unnoticed blessings and the other pinched by unnoticed want move through life in opposite directions. One seems destined for perpetual misery and the other singing like a bird in the rain. The difference is the heart, you see!

           The heart makes all the difference. “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? (Jeremiah 17:9) On the other hand “with the heart man believes unto righteousness.” (Romans 10:10) The heart colors and flavors all other circumstances. This is most noticeable at Christmas time.

           How about your heart? Is it right with God? Make your complaints known to God and cry out for mercy for His mercy is from everlasting to everlasting. A broken and contrite heart He will not ignore. Let God change your heart. When that happens everything else will become new.

Ps 51:7-8
7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
8 Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.

Dear God, don’t let my heart ruin Christmas for me and those around me. Change my heart, O God. Let me see the beauty that has been hidden from my eyes. AMEN  

No comments:

Post a Comment