Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2018

THE CARE OF ALL THE CHURCHES!


Sunday, December 9, 2018

THE CARE OF ALL THE CHURCHES!

2 Cor 11:28
28 Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches.

           The Greek word for “care” is merimna and it means solicitude. The English word solicitude means “concern for the welfare of.” Paul was concerned for the welfare of all the churches that sprung up from his travels. He thought about individuals and their singular circumstances. Each was different from the other but all produced solicitude in the Apostle.

           I pastor several churches. There is the actual congregation to which I will speak in just a few hours. I am solicitous for the sick and the homebound. I care about those whose decisions have caused pain for themselves and those around them. I observe struggling youth and the gradual creeping infirmity of age in others. I watch as the Holy Spirit reproves, rebukes, and exhorts them.

           I also pastor far flung souls. I care for the pastor in the east who has labored faithfully for years with little to show for that labor except faithful children. I care for the wounded evangelist, the pastor who has resigned his influential church in exhaustion. I care for an entire network of pastors who seem to not have a grip on the rapidly disintegrating culture. I care.

           If you read further you will learn that when things became very dangerous for Paul God provided a window and a basket. This gives me hope that even in the midst of trying times God is watching. He also has a strong solicitude regarding each one of us. Trust Him to bring you out even if it is not through the door but a window.

2 Cor 11:32-33
32 In Damascus the governor under Aretas the king kept the city of the Damascenes with a garrison, desirous to apprehend me:
33 And through a window in a basket was I let down by the wall, and escaped his hands.

Dear Lord, lighten the load of all those who are burdened today. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment