Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

OUR MISPLACED GOD!


Tuesday, October 30, 2018

OUR MISPLACED GOD!

2 Chron 34:14-15
14 And … Hilkiah the priest found a book of the law of the Lord given by Moses. 15 And Hilkiah answered and said to Shaphan the scribe, I have found the book of the law in the house of the Lord.

           I’m always up early – but 2:00 AM is probably a record for me. Yes, I will probably crash and burn at some point today! In spite of that I rediscovered something that I had set aside in all my busy-ness. I rediscovered the Bible. I suppose that sounds strange coming from a preacher but we get so busy working that we sometimes forget to worship.

           If you continue to read in Second Chronicles 34 you will see that what the King read caused him to rip his clothing in anguish because the words condemned him and his people. He recognized that they had misplaced God. He and His Word had been tucked away in some dusty corner where He waited to be rediscovered.

           I hope you can rediscover God at a more convenient time but please make His discovery a priority. Read the Bible. Spend time in prayer. Let the Holy Spirit speak to your heart. It is well worth the early hour.

Ps 46:10
10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

Lord I’m glad I found you in the early morning hours. Let me not misplace you again. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment