Pages

Monday, June 4, 2018

HE INCREASETH STRENGTH!


HE INCREASETH STRENGTH!

Isa 40:28-31
28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord , the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.
29 He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.
30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:
31 But they that wait upon the Lord  shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

           It is Monday and I imagine the majority of people ready to begin another week. For most, Mondays are the end of a weekend of rest and recreation. Even if they are not anxious to begin the week of labor, they are at least rested for it. They have been refreshed and they are ready for it.

           It’s different for me! Monday is my Sabbath day. Having emptied myself of counsel, exhortation and encouragement, I often find myself like an empty vessel ready to be filled again. I am a fan of Mondays.

           The inexhaustible God does not faint! God never gets droopy or becomes resentful of those who need Him. I am not God! Sometimes it is best for me to steal away from people and recharge so that my light does not grow dim in times of darkness. Even Jesus displayed human weariness and often removed himself from people to refresh Himself with a time of prayer and fellowship with His Father. That same benefit is available to us.

Isa 41:10
10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Dear Lord, thank you for your strength when I am weak. I know that I can always count on you. When I think I can’t you whisper in my ear that together “we can!” AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment