Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2018

CONTENTMENT IS A LEARNED BEHAVIOR!


CONTENTMENT IS A LEARNED BEHAVIOR!

Phil 4:10-13
10 But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly, that now at the last your care of me hath flourished again; wherein ye were also careful, but ye lacked opportunity.
11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
12 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

           Paul was a vagabond preacher with no certain income. The Philippian believers had, once again, sent money and supplies. He wanted to say thank you, and did.

           Whether he had little or much, Paul was determined to do what God wanted him to do. It was a choice based on obedience and not on resources. That choice took him into the depths of want and up to the mountain peak of plenty. Whether feast or famine, it was all the same to Paul.

           Notice that he said “I have learned.” Coming to terms with the ebb and flow of material supply is a matter of trust. It is a process and often slow. He had experienced abuse and he knew how to abound. It was part of his instruction. But Paul learned one very important thing. He learned that he could count on God.

Dear Lord, I know down deep that my contentment is not based on my resources but on my relationship with You. Thank you for daily bread and daily supply. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment