Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

ANSWERING THE CALL!


ANSWERING THE CALL!

Isa 6:8
8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

           Today is the 74th anniversary of D-Day. On June 6, 1944, more than 160,000 Allied troops landed along a 50-mile stretch of heavily fortified beaches of Normandy, France. More than 9,000 Allied soldiers were killed or wounded. Many were 18 to 20 year old young men. They answered the call!

           “Do we still need missionaries?” The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association answered this question this way: Yes, we still need missionaries—men and women who are willing to go into the hard places of the world with the message of Jesus Christ. His command to reach the whole world with the Gospel has never been withdrawn, nor has it been completed. Jesus said, “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations” (Matthew 28:19).

           Across the seas, across the street, or just across the room, missionaries are still needed. Will you answer the call?

Oh Jesus if I die upon a foreign field someday
'Twould be no more than love demands, no less could I repay,
"No greater love hath mortal man than for a friend to die,"
These are the words he gently spoke to me,
"If just a cup of water I place within your hand
Then just a cup of water is all that I demand,"
But if by death to living they can thy glory see,
I'll take my cross and follow close to thee.

Dear Lord, the call comes ringing over the restless waves. Help me to send the light. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment