Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

THE KING OF MY HEART!



THE KING OF MY HEART!

John 6:15
15 When Jesus therefore perceived that they would come and take him by force, to make him a king, he departed again into a mountain himself alone.

Matt 12:16-21
16 And charged them that they should not make him known:
17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet (Isaiah 42:1-4), saying,
18 Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.
19 He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.
20 A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.
21 And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.

           The kings of this world go forth in pomp and circumstance but my King, my beloved (v.18), goes forth in privacy and simplicity. There is no shouting in the streets for Jesus comes in meekness. He does not strive as does a warrior. He is retiring and peaceful. He does not seek publicity and popularity. When I am in turmoil He speaks peace to my heart. If I am to model my ministry after His then I must cautiously avoid self exaltation. How different is this from many of the well known ministers today?

           He shows judgment to the Gentiles (v.18). This means that he will reveal the entire law to those who previously had not heard. The result is that the Gentiles shall trust in Him (v.21). If I am to model my ministry after His then I must broadcast the truth. It is the truth and not my personal style and force of personality that produces trust. How different is this from the well known, charismatic, personalities today who quickly abandon truth if it hinders their popularity?

           The bruised reed and the smoking flax (v.20) is a double analogy. Both represent the poor, the week and the downhearted. A reed is a symbol of feebleness and a bruised reed is feebler yet. The smoking flax is a symbol of a smoldering wick after the lamp is extinguished. It represents those whose faith has been nearly snuffed out by the winds of adversity. Jesus will not quench that flicker in disgust but will add the oil of grace and fan it to a blaze. My King binds up the broken hearted. My King fans the feeble flame.

           The Islands (Isaiah 41:1) still wait for his law. He shall send forth judgment (the gospel) unto victory. The reed, though bruised, shall yet triumph. The flax, though only a flicker, will yet carry the light.

Master, I am weak and feeble. Bind me up and strengthen me. My light is nearly snuffed out. Please apply the fresh oil of Thy Spirit and fan my flicker into flame. Let me stand strong. Let me shine for you that others may see the light. Let the islands rejoice. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment