Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2018

IS THAT REALLY ME?


IS THAT REALLY ME?

Job 42:5-6
5 I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.
6 Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.

           Job had been the object of interest both to God and to Satan. He had been a battlefield both pock marked and wounded! He demands an audience with the Almighty so that he could present his innocence and God’s unfairness. Oh My! What he saw!

           He saw God as very God! The blinding light of God’s glory made his innocence to be sin! The blistering truth made him falsehood. The divine purity made him filthy.

           He saw himself as never before. Job knew he was beaten. There was no way he could argue his case with God. Then Job admitted that his words had been wrong and that he had spoken about things he didn't understand. All that was left to do was to repent – in dust and ashes.

           So each of us must be before a holy God – either here and now or at the judgment.

Rom 14:11-12
11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

Awesome God!  Let me see you as you truly are so that I may see myself as I truly am. Thank you, Lord because your mercy is from everlasting to everlasting. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment