Pages

Friday, November 24, 2017

NEVER SATISFIED!



NEVER SATISFIED!

Prov 30:15-16
15 The horseleach hath two daughters, crying, Give, give. There are three things that are never satisfied, yea, four things say not, It is enough:
16 The grave; and the barren womb; the earth that is not filled with water; and the fire that saith not, It is enough.

           I sit here this morning relatively satisfied. I’m not shoving my neighbor away from the wonderful sale items at the stores. I’m not fighting traffic. It’s quiet and I have a good cup of coffee at my side.

           Black Friday is the inevitable result of never being satisfied. It is the aborted attitude of gratitude that prevailed for an hour or two yesterday. Thanksgiving is gone and not just the day but the emotion. We are hungry once again.

           The word “satisfied” is to be found in the Old Testament and when it is used it is almost always an indictment against greedy man or praise for a giving God. Dissatisfaction defines man. In the garden we were not satisfied with all the trees. We wanted the one which God withheld. Dissatisfaction leads to a bitter end in most cases.

Ps 103:5
5 [He] satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.

Dear Lord, let me extend Thanksgiving for just one more day! Let me be satisfied with your provision and your self. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment