Pages

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

MY LIFE AS A PRAYER!



MY LIFE AS A PRAYER!

1 Thess 5:17
17 Pray without ceasing.

The short verse above seems intrusive if not impossible. How can I pray constantly without stopping? I have a life to live after all! These might be the thoughts of one who does not realize that life itself should be a prayer unto God. Every moment of every day should be spent in constant contact with the God of Heaven.

Our first thought in the morning should include God. Our first impulse should be to worship. When our morning prayer is done and the “amen” is said we should not think our prayer is finished. Let me suggest several areas in which we should pray all day.

1. MY MIND!

Ps 19:14
14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

2 Cor 10:4-5
4(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

2. MY MOUTH!

Eph 4:29
29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

Let our speech be free from profanity, from contempt of God, from ridiculing serious things. Our words should build up and not tear down.

3. MY SELF!

Rom 12:3
3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Henry Ward Beecher said: “The prouder a man is, the more he thinks he deserves; and the more he thinks he deserves; the less he really does deserve. A proud man – the whole world is not big enough to serve him.”

4. MY RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHERS!

Matt 10:8
8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Rom 12:10
10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;

We should ask God to keep us honorable and generous in our dealings with others.

5. MY DESTINY!

1 Peter 1:3-4
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

My spiritual inheritance is on deposit with God in the bank of heaven. Let me think of this all day long.

Dear Lord, let me live this day as a prayer unto you. Place a guard on my mind, my mouth and myself. Let my relationship with others be honorable and benevolent. Comfort and encourage me with the knowledge that my life is hid with you and my reward is in heaven. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment