Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2011

SECOND GUESSING OURSELVES!

SECOND GUESSING OURSELVES!

Ex 3:9-11
9 Now therefore, behold, the cry of the children of Israel is come unto me: and I have also seen the oppression wherewith the Egyptians oppress them.
10 Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt.
11 And Moses said unto God, Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt?

Ex 4:10
10 And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue.

Nothing causes us to question our abilities quite like the possibility of advancement. Many of us are already inwardly questioning the job we are doing. Am I really all that good at herding sheep? How can I go from herding sheep to herding people?

Four times in the Bible we read the phrase “who am I.” Moses asked this and so did David. Both had been promoted from their sheep herding careers. Both led God’s people admirably under difficult situations. But it was Moses, in Exodus 4:14 who kindled the “anger of the Lord” because of all his self questioning and excuses.

Paul once referred to himself as “less than the least of all saints” but later confidently declared “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” At the end of his life he had this to say…

2 Tim 4:7-8
7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Dear Lord, thank you for making me able to serve you. Thank you for believing in me. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment