Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

OF WORKS OR OF GRACE?

OF WORKS OR OF GRACE?

Rom 11:6
6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

           Of all the world’s religions, with all their variations, there really are only two. One is earthy while the other is heavenly. One is physical while the other is spiritual. One carves images from wood or stone and then begs the divine to enter in while the other acknowledges the God who is invisible. These are mutually exclusive.

Rom 10:3-4
3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

           The Gift of God and the wages of works cancel each other out! One acknowledges the authority of God while the other gathers a ramshackle assortment of homemade goodness and self-improvement. One acknowledges that “in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing” (Romans 7:18). The other system continues ignorantly on trying to purchase the priceless.

Gal 2:16
16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Gal 2:20-21
20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing
Words: Robert Robinson
Music: "Nettleton" by John Wyeth

O to grace how great a debtor
Daily I'm constrained to be!
Let Thy goodness, like a fetter,
Bind my wandering heart to Thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love;
Here's my heart, O take and seal it,
Seal it for Thy courts above.

Dear Father, when I stop my squirming and struggling I find my rest and peace in Thee. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment