Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

I CAN’T SEE HIM BUT HE SEES ME!

I CAN’T SEE HIM BUT HE SEES ME!

Job 23:8-10
8 Behold, I go forward, but he is not there; and backward, but I cannot perceive him:
9 On the left hand, where he doth work, but I cannot behold him: he hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see him:
10 But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.

Ps 10:1
10:1 Why standest thou afar off, O LORD? why hidest thou thyself in times of trouble?

           Job’s patience is everywhere applauded but it is clear he searched for an escape from his troubles. He could not perceive God regardless of the direction in which he searched. God was neither before him nor behind him. He looked left and right but could not see Him. Of all the torments Job endured this one receives the least mention. How agonizing it must have been for Job to feel abandoned by God.

           Job exemplified walking by faith when he chose to continue plodding through the barrenness of his soul. In his heart was the substance of things hoped for. His expectation was bolstered by evidence unseen. It is faith to follow where there are no fresh tracks; to believe when all the evidence points to disbelief.

           Job was absolutely convinced that, while he could not see God, God clearly saw him. God was aware of the path he was walking. It was a trial and when that trial was over God would prove to be benevolent. God had not changed along with his circumstances. Soon he would emerge from his bitter pain as gold is drawn from the fires. All that is not gold would have been burned away. When the fires cooled Job would shine and reflect the face of God.

1 Cor 13:12-13
12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Dear Lord, let me be a plodder today. Let me follow you faithfully by faith. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment