Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

MIRACLE OR MESSAGE?

MIRACLE OR MESSAGE?

John 10:37-42
37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.
39 Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand,
40 And went away again beyond Jordan into the place where John at first baptized; and there he abode.
41 And many resorted unto him, and said, John did no miracle: but all things that John spake of this man were true.
42 And many believed on him there.

           Jesus’ appeal to belief was from “the works.” If you can’t deny the works then you must believe that the Father was working in Jesus and Jesus was in Him. There must be a connection and that should prompt belief; but what about modern miracles? Are there any true miracles today and if so do we recognize them?

           The faces of my flock reflect many miracles of God. I look to my left and see a miracle of grace as a widow perseveres through her loss and loneliness. I scan to my right and see a lady whose tumor the doctor declared “looked like cancer.” However, after tests proved there was no cancer, who is to say God did not have a miraculous part in this healing? Doubters will continue to doubt and people of faith will rejoice in the goodness of God. It has always been so.

           I wish to be like John the Baptist “who did no miracles” but was faithful in his message and, as a result, many believed on Jesus.

Dear Lord, let me speak the pure Word of God plainly so that many will believe! AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment