Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

HE KNOWS MY NAME!

HE KNOWS MY NAME!

John 10:1-4
10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

           An old story is told of a little boy who was at the movies with his parents. He decided to go to the lobby for some popcorn and when he returned he could not find his seat or his parents. He wandered in the dark for what seemed like a long time before he shouted: “Does anybody recognize me?”

           I am glad that Jesus, the Good Shepherd, not only recognizes me but knows my name. All the hairs of my head are numbered. He is aware of the pains in my body, the dreams in my heart, and the failures I dare not mention.

           Tommy Walker wrote the words to the following song which expresses my thoughts this morning.

I have a Maker
He formed my heart
Before even time began
My life was in his hands

I have a Father
He calls me His own
He'll never leave me
No matter where I go

Chorus:
He knows my name
He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls
And He hears me when I call

Dear Father, It’s me! Be near me today. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment