Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

THE TRUE COST OF SPIRITUAL MATURITY!

THE TRUE COST OF SPIRITUAL MATURITY!

Luke 9:23
23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

           I spoke about this same subject just a few days ago but it is on my heart once again. Chuck Swindoll is Chancellor and former President of Dallas Theological Seminary. In a recent article he said “when the church becomes an entertainment center, biblical literacy is the first casualty. He goes on to say that modern technology has made it possible to create things virtually that looks real. We can attract larger crowds to the church but we have created an entertainment mentality that produces biblical ignorance.

           Pandering to people’s whimsical needs has become standard church procedure. In our push to “succeed” we have replaced the Sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God with carnal and pride driven methods. The result is a people who are unable to face the challenges of spiritual conflict because they are spiritually immature. “Feeling better has become more important to us than finding God!” (Larry Crabb in Finding God)

           The Bible is clear that when a person begins to move toward spiritual maturity there is a death to self. The degree of sacrifice a person is willing to spend to be like Christ is the measure of his maturity. Jesus called it the “daily cross.” The true cost of spiritual maturity is death! Take a look at these following verses and see if you find yourself in them.

2 Tim 2:10
10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

Gal 6:14
14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

Rom 6:11
11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Dear Lord, I fear that I know how to work for you but I have forgotten how to worship you. Help me today to know you more and to love you more. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment