Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

MORE THAN ENOUGH!

MORE THAN ENOUGH!

2 Kings 6:15-17
15 And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do?
16 And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.
17 And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

           God himself had been spying on the enemy, telling the facts to Elisha who told them to the King of Israel. It was a system that was foolproof. The King of Syria finally decided to eliminate the spy Elisha and his servant. A vast army surrounded their location and in the morning the servant saw their impossible situation and shouted with alarm, “Alas, my master! How shall we do?” Elisha, who saw with different eyes prayed that the lord might reveal the angel army to the distraught servant.

           We began a road trip yesterday knowing that the springtime weather looked very dangerous all along our travel path. One city along the way had already been destroyed by a tornado and it was predicted that more tornadoes would follow. What should we do? Should we delay our journey or press ahead?

           After gathering as much information as we could, we finally determined to go ahead with our travel but not before I prayed for safety. I prayed: “Lord surround us with a hedge of thorns and a band of angels!” Now, I don’t know how large a “band” is but I thought it might be at least equal to a Navy Seal team.

           We finally arrived at a restaurant for lunch and the sky began to darken. I prayed again but increased my request to a “company” of angels. I didn’t see them but was sure they were available.

           As we approached the devastated city our highway literally passed through the destruction. The debris was to the left and to the right of the highway. Trees were twisted into impossible shapes. Concrete foundations were swept clean and massive structures were gone. Cars weighing thousands of pounds each were stacked as if a child had been playing with them. I was glad for my angels.

           As I pillowed my head the scripture portion came to my mind and I whispered another prayer. “Thank you Lord. I know your angel band, however large but unseen, was more than enough.”

Dear Lord, surround your children with protection today that is more then enough. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment