Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

BRIDGING THE CHASM BETWEEN LIPS & HEARTS!

BRIDGING THE CHASM BETWEEN LIPS & HEARTS!

Matt 15:7-9
7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

          Between words and works, belief and behavior, there is a great gulf fixed. Others may see it in us but kindly say nothing. When we notice it in ourselves it is another matter. There is a constant nagging of our conscience to actually perform what we profess and the temptation instead is to abandon the profession. Many have done so, stating that they “used to be a Christian.”

          Abandoning hypocrisy for reality and integrity is not easy and requires discipline and determination. What are at stake are our joy and our power with God.

Isa 59:1-2
59:1 Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:
2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

          The bridge across this great divide is GRACE and it is activated by REPENTANCE. I must acknowledge that I am not all that I claim to be and request the grace of God to make up the difference.

Ps 51:7
7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

Dear Lord, I long to really be the kind of Christian that others believe I am. Give me the grace to cross the bridge today. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment