Pages

Tuesday, August 8, 2023

WORTH THE WAIT

 

Tuesday, August 8, 2023

 

WORTH THE WAIT

 

Ps 130

1 Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O LORD.

2 Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications.

3 If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand?

4 But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared.

5 I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.

6 My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning.

7 Let Israel hope in the LORD: for with the LORD there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption.

8 And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.

KJV

 

          Anyone who knows me will affirm that I am not a good model for those who must wait. I do not like to wait. The English word “queue” is a curious word. When pronounced it only requires one letter “Q”, but it is followed by two other unnecessary letters “ue”. If that were not enough when the word was manufactured it was given even more redundancy by adding “ue” once again and so that the very word becomes a visual illustration of its meaning.

 

          Adam Clarke says, “It was most probably composed during the captivity; and contains the complaint of the afflicted Jews, with their hopes of the remission of those sins which were the cause of their sufferings, and their restoration from captivity to their own land. This is one of those called penitential Psalms.”

 

          Keith and Kristyn Getty have taken this psalm and fashioned a wonderful hymn of praise. The poetry is a prayer, and the music is gentle and easy. Often, and even this very morning, I wept when I listened to it once again. Because some things are worth waiting for.

 

Out of the depths I cry to You

In darkest places I will call

Incline Your ear to me anew

And hear my cry for mercy, Lord

 

Were You to count my sinful ways

How could I come before Your throne?

Yet full forgiveness meets my gaze

I stand redeemed by grace alone

 

Now He has come to make a way

And God Himself has paid the price

That all who trust in Him today

Find healing in His sacrifice

 

Ps 62:5

5 My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.

 

Dear Lord, all who wait in your queue are not disappointed. Thank you, Lord. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment