Pages

Tuesday, August 15, 2023

COMPENSATION

 

Tuesday, August 15, 2023

 

COMPENSATION

 

Jer 22:13

13 Woe unto him that buildeth his house by unrighteousness, and his chambers by wrong; that useth his neighbour's service without wages, and giveth him not for his work.

 

John 4:35-36

35 Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.

36 And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together.

 

Heb 6:10

10 For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.

 

          The word compensation can not be found in my Bible. It is a newer word than was used in Jesus’ time but the word wages was used then and still understood now.

 

          I sit here this morning remembering the wages and not the work of a 50-year ministry. I began my ministry working in a restaurant for $1.10 an hour. I changed jobs and began working in a hospital for $1.25 an hour. That extra fifteen cents gave me confidence to marry my best friend and sweetheart. We are still in love after 55 years of marriage.

 

          Jesus is a wonderful boss. He is considerate of my limitations, and He contributes to my needs. Some of my compensation cannot be measured in cash and coins. In fact, most of my compensation is intangible. My most valuable things are friends, and I am still in His employ.

 

Ps 37:25-27

25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

26 He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed.

27 Depart from evil, and do good; and dwell for evermore.

 

Thank you, Lord, for your rich blessings. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment