Pages

Friday, August 18, 2023

TRUTH FEARS NO CHALLENGE

 

Friday, August 18, 2023

 

TRUTH FEARS NO CHALLENGE

 

John 3:19-21

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

 

John 4:23-24

23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

 

          The word TRUTH can be found 225 times in the Bible. We see it first used in Genesis 24:27 and the original word, ‘emeth, means “stability, certainty, and trustworthiness.”

 

          The greatest challenge to any thought or system is the possibility that it may be false.

 

Ps 25:2-5 AMPLIFIED

2 O my God, I trust, lean on, rely on, and am confident in You. Let me not be put to shame or [my hope in You] be disappointed; let not my enemies triumph over me.

3 Yes, let none who trust and wait hopefully and look for You be put to shame or be disappointed; let them be ashamed who forsake the right or deal treacherously without cause.

4 Show me Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths.

5 Guide me in Your truth and faithfulness and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You [You only and altogether] do I wait [expectantly] all the day long.

 

Dear Lord, let me never fear a challenge to truth. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment