Pages

Wednesday, August 16, 2023

MOROSE

 

Wednesday, August 16, 2023

 

MOROSE

 

Ps 27:1

27 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

 

          The word morose means having a sullen and gloomy disposition or being unhappy and annoyed. I suppose I should apologize in advance for such a gloomy introduction. Aren’t devotionals supposed to be uplifting? However, if you are not FEELING MOROSE about our present culture and situation then you are simply not paying attention.

 

          Politically, we have naked wrongdoing, the least of which is bribery and corruption. Educationally, we have a system that can’t determine its gender or its purpose. The news withholds the truth and celebrates falsehood. Churches may provide the answer to why there are no more circuses.

 

          I feel somewhat guilty for feeling this way until I read about John the Baptist who introduced his waterside sermon with the soothing words “generation of vipers,” or consider Jesus with a whip in his hand turning over tables in the courtyard of the Temple. Some things should be vigorously resisted. A friend once said, “It is enough to make you want to take a damp stick and beat the health out of a stump.” But God has a plan and that plan is good.

 

Jer 29:10

11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

 

Thank you, Lord, for listening to the rantings of my disappointed soul. Thank you also for your plans of peace for me. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment