Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2023

CHOOSE WISDOM!

 

Tuesday, February 28, 2023

 

CHOOSE WISDOM!

 

James 1:5

5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; [without faultfinding] and it shall be given him. KJV

 

1 Kings 3:7-10

7 And now, O LORD my God, thou hast made thy servant king instead of David my father: and I am but a little child: I know not how to go out or come in.

8 And thy servant is in the midst of thy people which thou hast chosen, a great people, that cannot be numbered nor counted for multitude.

9 Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad: for who is able to judge this thy so great a people? 10 And the speech pleased the Lord, that Solomon had asked this thing. KJV

 

          Solomon said “I am small, a little child, and the task is great. I am so baffled by it that I don’t know what to decide or how. I see the door, but am I entering or exiting?”  The heart-cry of the wise hearted is to be wiser yet. The desire of fools is for God to stand aside and let them press ahead in their foolishness.

 

          It is hard to lead someone who sees you as inept. They think themselves to have a superior knowledge and ability. This person will not learn and can not learn. The narcissist stumbles often because he is always looking at perfection in the mirror. He is never able to see any wisdom or beauty in another, therefore he is often disappointed.

 

Prov 9:8-10

8 Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee. 9 Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.

10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding. KJV

 

Dear Lord, of David’s sons, let me be more like Solomon than Absalom. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment