Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2022

WOUNDED FRIENDS

 

Tuesday, July 5, 2022

 

WOUNDED FRIENDS


Heb 4:15

15 For we do not have a High Priest Who is unable to understand and sympathize and have a shared feeling with our weaknesses and infirmities and liability to the assaults of temptation, but One Who has been tempted in every respect as we are, yet without sinning.

AMP

 

1 Sam 12:23

God forbid that I should sin against the LORD in ceasing to pray for you:

KJV

 

          I often feel the hurts of wounded friends. I seek no reward for that comment because it is involuntary. Somewhere, deep within, there is something that literally hurts along with others. You probably have a similar mechanism. I think most people are likewise equipped.

 

          Night and morning I review the situation of many friends. I often pray myself to sleep with the concerns of those I love. Again, I seek no reward for this because it has become a habit. These are precious ones usually removed far from me by miles, but prayer can reach them when I cannot.

 

          Jesus, our Great High Priest, is both feeling and caring. When I read this in the book of Hebrews, I almost always think of the wounded traveler who was left to die on the side of the road. He was observed and then bypassed by those who were too busy with religion to provide aid. You can read the story in Luke 10:30-36.

 

Isa 53:4-5

4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

 

Dear Lord, thank you for the gift of caring for my wounded friends. Look upon each one and heal them. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment