Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2022

BE MY COMFORT

 

Saturday, July 23, 2022

 

BE MY COMFORT

 

Ps 119:74-77

74 They that fear thee will be glad when they see me; because I have hoped in thy word.

75 I know, O LORD, that thy judgments are right, and that thou in faithfulness hast afflicted me.

76 Let, I pray thee, thy merciful kindness be for my comfort, according to thy word unto thy servant.

77 Let thy tender mercies come unto me, that I may live: for thy law is my delight.

KJV

 

          That which God does and allows in our life springs from both wisdom and mercy. Simply, He knows what he is doing, and His intentions are always good and kind even when He permits affliction.

 

          Run to His Word. Do not allow your troubles to abandon the Scriptures for they reinforce the truth about God’s wisdom and mercy. When circumstances challenge the Word, let the Word strengthen you in your circumstances.

 

          We have been given the right as adopted children to petition God for redress. We can challenge His wisdom with our own. We can question His actions with our logic. We can complain, groan, and cry aloud at the injustice of his justice. God will listen and always do what is right. Strength wrapped in mercy and gentleness is the character of all His dealings. At length we learn to trust Him.

 

Lord, many are the troubles endured by your children. Many are your merciful gifts. Give comfort today. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment