Pages

Friday, July 1, 2022

TO FEEL SAFE

 

Friday, July 1, 2022

 

TO FEEL SAFE


Deut 33:12

12 And of Benjamin he said, The beloved of the LORD shall dwell in safety by him; and the LORD shall cover him all the day long, and he shall dwell between his shoulders [as a son is carried by his father].

 

          The phrase “dwell in safety” is found in the Bible four times and all in the Old Testament. It is indicative of the desire of Israel and the promise of God. It is what Israel needed and it is what God wanted for them.

 

          Good has always had enemies ever since Cain killed his brother for jealousy. David battled lions, bears, and giants. Safety was an everyday concern, but David knew that it was not his strength, vigilance, or armaments that kept him safe. Listen to his song in Psalm 4:8 “I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makes me dwell in safety.” Safety is not the absence of enemies. It is the presence of the Lord.

 

Ps 27:4-5

4 One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple.

5 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.

 

Dear God of Battles, keep this quivering child safe. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment