Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2021

A LIST SO LONG

 

Thanksgiving Thursday, November 25, 2021

 

A LIST SO LONG

 

1 Thess 5:18

18 In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

 

          It came suddenly. Today is Thanksgiving Day. I’m up early as usual but the house is full of family, and soon the smell of freshly baked pies – baked by the granddaughters – will fill the air. Rachel’s big black Labrador is asleep on the couch. Hannah is now married, and she and Joseph also have a dog. Even with seven adults and four dogs, it’s quiet … for now.

 

          I’m thankful for my church. Now that I am a retired pastor, my involvement in church is quite different than a year ago. Sundays are still very special and there are many new friends that we have learned to love.

 

          I’m thankful for my wife who is happily involved in everything, and I am blessed to have her as my partner and helper. She is being drawn into the ladies’ ministries of our new church. This is where she excels and thrives.

 

          I’m thankful for my child. God only gave us one, but she is so very special. She is my favorite. Her husband is loyal, godly, and a dedicated husband and father. My two grown granddaughters fill my heart with joy. They are so beautiful and smart I marvel at them. This year we added Joseph, my new grandson-in-law. He is a tall, thin, and quiet guy with a shy smile. He is the perfect bookend for Hannah.

 

          I am so blessed that I can’t think of a need that has not been supplied or a “want” that can’t wait. God has dumped blessings on me. It’s almost embarrassing. I blush with unworthiness.

 

          I’m thankful for salvation through Jesus, mercy through His kindness, and grace through his sacrifice. I am guilty but He was punished. I am dirty and He has washed me whiter than snow. “Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.”  Ps 23:6

 

Dear Lord, I have so much I can’t list all your blessings. Thank you! AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment