Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2019

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS TO THE CONTROL FREAK!


Wednesday, June 26, 2019

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS TO THE CONTROL FREAK!

           I confess! I’m a control freak and maybe you are too. I like things to go smoothly and, even if I’m not personally in charge of a project, I like to know that project is going well.

           Two books control our lives. One is the checkbook and the other is the calendar, or the appointment book. Either of those, if we lose control, can cause our lives to be miserable. The calendar determines my travels, my labor, and my leisure. I can’t afford to lose control. The checkbook controls my peace of mind.

           You are thinking, right about now, that I have forgotten the book that really controls my life, and you would be very right. The Bible has three things to say to the control freak.

           The Bible speaks of God’s purposes. Especially for the believer, God orchestrates events and resources to bring about His purposes. All things work together for ultimate good. This is God’s purposeful recipe for life.

Rom 8:28
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

           We need not fear God’s plans. Life is full of uncertainties and sudden changes to what is comfortable and normal. We must never forget God’s benevolent plans and what He calls “an expected end.”

Jer 29:11
11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

           We take comfort in God’s presence. We do not walk this path alone. Where God guides – He provides. What a relief to know that I don’t have to be in charge – in fact, I’m not really in charge. That position belongs to God. This same God is always with me.

Josh 1:9
9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Lord, I am a control freak and I cause stress for me and for others with my unrealistic expectations. Help me to understand your purposes, follow your plans, and enjoy your presence. Please Lord, take the driver’s seat today. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment