Pages

Saturday, June 15, 2019

GOOD ADVICE FROM MY FATHER!


Saturday, June 15, 2019

GOOD ADVICE FROM MY FATHER!

Prov 23:22
22 Hearken unto thy father that begat thee, and despise not thy mother when she is old.

           It is Father’s Day weekend and once again I’m reminded of my own father. I well remember his appearance, his attitude, and much of his advice. Every now and then he speaks to me from my mirror and my wife calls me by his name! I will not elaborate.

           Work hard! Dad had a hard time verbalizing “I love you.” He said it with actions. His love language was what is called “acts of service.” Except for the last few years of his life he always worked a least two jobs and kept himself busy with home projects in his spare time.

           Weep only when necessary! Dad wasn’t a sissy crybaby. His answer to most problems was a bigger hammer but Dad had a soft inside. Especially in his later years he often became emotional. I remember the story he told me about his work on “THE BOMB” at Oak Ridge, Tennessee. On the day they dropped the first one, the supervisor sat everyone down for an important radio announcement. One single bomb had been dropped on Hiroshima and the city was no more! Dad did not cheer. He cried – and he cried every time he told the story. 

           Love deeply! I said before that Dad had a hard time saying “I love you.” However, we all knew that he loved us deeply. He loved mother enough to continue an argument until it was peacefully concluded. That may sound strange but, if you analyze what I just said, it makes perfect sense. He did not walk away.

Prov 23:23-25
23 Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.
24 The father of the righteous shall greatly rejoice: and he that begetteth a wise child shall have joy of him.
25 Thy father and thy mother shall be glad, and she that bare thee shall rejoice.

Heavenly Father, let me apply the good advice of my father and heed the words of my Heavenly Father. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment