Pages

Monday, February 22, 2016

SOMEONE TO WATCH OVER ME


SOMEONE TO WATCH OVER ME!



Ps 32:7-8

7 Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.

8 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.



           Verse 7 is David’s words to God. He acknowledges God as his hiding place in the day of trouble and the source of his deliverance. His eyes are fixed expectantly on God. He is watching God’s every move because those movements are essential to his provision and safety.



           Verse 8 is God’s promise to David. “Because you are now sensitive to the mercy you have received from me and willing to follow me, I will give you the help you require. I will keep my eyes on you and guide you in the right way. You must follow me closely and I will watch over you.”



           I have a pastor-friend that I am watching with prayer. He has a need that I am praying God will provide. He keeps me posted as to his progress. He said in a recent communication “I have several of you guys watching out for me!” His words sent me on a mental quest to wonder if anyone is watching over me.



           Whether anyone is watching over me with prayer or not, and I expect there are more than I think, God certainly has given His angels charge over me. It’s his promise. Knowing that gives me peace and confidence.



Prov 3:5-6

5 Trust in the Lord  with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.



Dear Shepherd of the sheep, You are always watching us. You return us from our straying and protect us from unseen dangers. Give us the wisdom to follow you closely today. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment