Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

HE IS MY ROCK


HE IS MY ROCK!



Ps 18:2-3

2 The Lord  is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

3 I will call upon the Lord , who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.



           The world seems to be riding a wave of wild lunacy driven by hedonism and fueled by ignorance. A steady diet of breaking news is disturbing to the soul. The very soil beneath my feet seems unstable. I need a rock to stand on and I have found such a rock in Jesus Christ.



           The word “rock” as it is used in our Bible portion is not a rock to be thrown but a lofty and craggy fortress. Because it is high, the one sheltered can look down upon the fray below. Because it is rugged, access is limited. It is a place of safety. There the birds sing and the brooks laugh along far away from the clang and clatter of machinery and conflict. There the dew drenched moss cools our feet and the air is swept clean.



           In the rock I am nourished and refreshed. There the bees have found a safe place to make their hives. “He made him ride on the high places of the earth, that he might eat the increase of the fields; and he made him to suck honey out of the rock, and oil out of the flinty rock.” Deut 32:13



Edward Mote has written this familiar song.



My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly trust in Jesus’ Name.



Refrain

On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.



Dear Lord, How I need you to be my Rock today. Be for me a place of surety, safety and supply. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment