Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2016

HIS WILL HIS GLORY


HIS WILL HIS GLORY!



Luke 22:42-43

42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

43 And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.



John 12:27-28

27 Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

28 Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.



John 8:29

29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.



           Jesus is our example of One who considers both God’s will and God’s glory in everything. He came down from heaven and set aside certain divine prerogatives so that he could take on human form. It was God’s will and would bring Him glory.



           When it came time for Jesus to die, he went to Gethsemane to pray. He asked for the “cup” to pass if it was God’s will. It was not! Dying on the cross would bring God glory because it would open up a way for sinful man to be reunited to God. Jesus did always those things that pleased His Father!



           Purpose driven is almost a copyrighted phrase these days but what would happen if we were driven by the purpose of doing God’s will in everything? We would understand that both the yes and the no answers to our prayers are equally good. We can’t always see that but we must try to understand it. How would our lives change if we determined to bring God glory in everything we do?



John 15:7-8

7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.



Dear Lord, I know that even when you say no to my prayers that you have a better purpose in mind. Help me to glorify you in my responses. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment