Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

CHRIST THE SOLID ROCK


CHRIST THE SOLID ROCK!



2 Cor 4:7-8

7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

8 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;



Ps 28:1

28 Unto thee will I cry, O Lord  my rock; be not silent to me: lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit.



           Despair is to no longer have any hope or belief that a situation will improve or change! It always focuses on the circumstances and ignores the possibilities. It pursues us with hard facts and laughs in the face of faith. It mocks!



           Paul reminds us that the treasure of the Gospel resides in our fragile clay. We are always in danger of being dashed to pieces. In 2 Corinthians 11:25, Paul lists his troubles.”Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep.”



           Despair hunts hard after me this morning because of relentless evil in our land. Our political system is a woolen coat and our culture wears like sack cloth but I am reminded of a gospel song that cheers me. It goes like this …



My Hope Is Built (The Solid Rock)



His oath, His covenant, His blood,
Support me in the whelming flood.
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay.



Refrain
On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.



Dear Lord, let me flee to my Rock this morning as all around there are the makings of despair. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment