Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2016

HAPPY DANCE


HAPPY DANCE!



Ps 149:1-4

149 Praise ye the Lord. Sing unto the Lord  a new song, and his praise in the congregation of saints.

2 Let Israel rejoice in him that made him: let the children of Zion be joyful in their King.

3 Let them praise his name in the dance: let them sing praises unto him with the timbrel and harp.

4 For the Lord  taketh pleasure in his people: he will beautify the meek with salvation.



           A friend sent me a short email this morning telling me of some potentially good news. I responded with an even shorter email that said “Happy Dance!” This little phrase indicates that I share in his joy. It is borrowed from some of my more youthful friends.



           We Baptists don’t do much dancing. We are a staunch bunch having been handed down a set of proper actions and attitudes that presumably came from John the Baptist himself. However, if we hear of good news, and no one is watching, we may break into a little jig. This happy dance pre-dates John and goes all the way back to King David who danced before the returning Ark of the Lord (2 Samuel 6:14).



           Israel was told to dance and give vent to their joy because the Lord takes pleasure in His people. He likes us! He loves us! He enjoys us! The God who invented DNA, the God who made it all happen and holds it all together takes pleasure in us. We make God happy!



           I don’t dance much because I am heavy on my two left feet but when I enter that glorious kingdom I may just break into my Happy Dance!



Jer 31:13

13 Then shall the virgin rejoice in the dance, both young men and old together: for I will turn their mourning into joy, and will comfort them, and make them rejoice from their sorrow.



Dear Lord, give joy and dancing to those who read these words this morning. Thank you for loving us. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment