Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

WHAT A MIGHTY GOD!

WHAT A MIGHTY GOD!

Deut 33:1
33 And this is the blessing, wherewith Moses the man of God blessed the children of Israel before his death.

Deut 33:25-27
25 Thy shoes shall be iron and brass; and as thy days, so shall thy strength be.
26 There is none like unto the God of Jeshurun, who rideth upon the heaven in thy help, and in his excellency on the sky.
27 The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms:

         Moses, in great frustration, strikes the rock a second time although he had been commanded to only speak to the rock. For this rash act God would allow him to see the promised land but not go into it. I am convicted by the thought that I often strike out at God when all that is needed is a whispered prayer. I am not so unlike Moses after all.

         Now Moses stands and delivers his benediction upon the people who had so greatly tried his patience and his strength. In that benediction he does not speak about himself but his God. In this benediction we learn of the mighty God we serve.

         Shoes were important in this rugged land and Moses said that God would provide sturdy protection for our feet. Every step is noted by the Master and the way, though rough, would be a way of blessing. It is important for the Christian soldier to have his “feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace” (Ephesians 6:15).

         Strength is needed, and would be given, in measured amounts. Day after day the strength we need will be provided. Some days we will need more strength than others. There is none like our God. See Him ride upon the heavens as he comes to help! The eternal God is our refuge and underneath are His everlasting arms.

Day By Day
Words: Karolina W. Sandell-Berg; translated to English by Andrew L. Skoog
Music: "Blott en Dag" by
Oskar Ahnfelt
Day by day, and with each passing moment,
Strength I find, to meet my trials here;
Trusting in my Father's wise bestowment,
I've no cause for worry or for fear.
He Whose heart is kind beyond all measure
Gives unto each day what He deems best.
Lovingly, it’s part of pain and pleasure,
Mingling toil with peace and rest.
Dear Lord, I do not know what will confront me this day but I know I have a mighty God who rides upon the wind. Give me the strength I will need for today. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment